Over 80 years of Rifugio Sasso Piatto
Anton Kasseroler bought the Malga Sasso Piatto in 1935 to graze cows and sheep here in the summer. Milk and Alpine cheese were so popular with hikers that only a few years later the first Rifugio Sasso Piatto was built.
During the war the hut remained closed. During that time, it sadly also burnt to the ground.
In the 1950s Anton and his wife Hanni re-built the hut and soon it was known far and wide for its outstanding home cooking and its informal cosiness.
In 1971 the hut was extended. Later, the bar area was renewed and in 2016 the sleeping area.
Today one of the seven children, Thomas Kasseroler, his wife Petra and their four children manage the Rifugio Sasso Piatto. They look after their guests with the same passion.